Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No Shirt


Let me preface this by saying that I have no issues with my current body. I love every part of it, from the veins bulging out of my biceps to the pecs that bust out of most shirts I wear. I work out a good 2-3 times per week and have the Iron Gym installed above the kitchen entrance. People compliment me on my physique at least once every two weeks. I'm 100% satisfied with how I appear.
That being said, I can't stand that there are now shirtless photos of me on Facebook! They came from that outing at Coney Island my friends and I went to recently. When the friend took the shot of me in my trunks, chilling on the sand, I sort of tried "covering up" the stuff up there with my hands. I didn't want people seeing the package in such uncovered form.
It kind of goes back to my post about Facebook "gangstas" putting shirtless photos up at their profile pics, trying to act hard. I'm not with that, nor am I with flexing or showing off. I don't feel like I need to show pictures of myself naked from the waist up. People can see what my bod is made of when my shirt is keeping things under wraps. I'm confident enough in my body image that I don't have to act like a macho man. Besides, I'm saving the rest for if or when I get into an actual relationship. ;)
I promised myself after writing that piece that I would never take any shots of myself shirtless. And now there's an image of me shirtless. I feel like I'm exposing things the world doesn't need to see much of. I see my body as a treasure, just like some women who have the whole "Women Empowerment" steezo going on. Only the privileged one should get to see it. Feels so compromising! lol
I wonder if any other guys out there feel the same way I do about this.

No comments: